At COCOVIVO, daily interactions with the jungle, the ocean, and its inhabitants keep us in awe of the nature around us. We're here to help guests become part of this wild environment - while maintaining a high level of comfort and fun.
Our goal is to acknowledge and decrease human impact on the earth and the ocean and to find a healthy role in our eco-system. Our energy is generated from Solar panels, our water is collected from the rain, and our waste is composted.
Who we are
The COCOVIVOFAM is Equal part local and expat. Ulrich bought the property and started the project in 2001, as one of the first foreigners in the area. He fell in love with the natural beauty of the area and wanted to share it with others, creating comfort without losing closeness to nature.
Carmen and Lazare turned this vision into a reality he could have barely imagined, and will most likely be around when you visit.
Take Into Consideration
- We've got 5* on AirBnB and TripAdvisor, but this is not a 5* resort
- Isla San Cristobal is remote, no roads - everything is a boat ride away
- We rely on solar panels are rainwater catchment for our electricity and water! Please use consciously
- We live in the jungle. This means wildlife of all kinds, including spiders, scorpions, and snakes. Its unlikely to encounter these creatures but people with phobias should be warned.
- Chitras (no-see-ums) are predictable pests. They come out at dawn and dusk, please bring reef safe bug repellent or coconut oil to prevent skin irritation.
- The temperature in Bocas del Toro is hot and humid all year round!
- Allergy alert:: Cats and dogs live at CocoVivo.